Tuesday 26 December 2006

Boxing Day




I hope everyone has had a good Christmas and is not feeling too full of turkey and Christmas pud! We had a quiet day after seeing friends and relatives in the previous week, but we cooked a turkey that was bigger than the two of us need and had a lovely dinner. We didn't go for the pudding this year but decided on homemade sherry trifle instead. I think we shall go for the brandy peaches or mince pies with brandy sauce today.

The Christmas TV was good this year. I started with Carols from Kings on Christmas Eve, which I always watch and love, because for me it is what Christmas is all about. I also watch part of a carol service on Christmas Day, but after dinner and the Queen's speech it is all about settling back and enjoying the entertainment and this year I really did. I loved the dancing and The Vicar of Dibley, and quite a few other things. This morning I went for a walk in the cold air to fetch the paper and that was good too.

So now most of it is over and we have to think about the New Year and new resolutions. I expect mine will be the same as always, to try harder at everything I do - writing, life itself. I don't expect I shall, but at least it gives me something to strive for.

The picture today is of me as a young woman with my beloved dog. This is my favourite picture of me ever.
Love from Linda

No comments: